Last Updated: July 8, 2020
To our Turn It Up family,
Turn It Up Dance Challenge remains committed to providing a safe, professional, and fun atmosphere for dancers of all levels to showcase their talents. We are working hard each day within our office as well as collaborating with other dance competitions on ways produce safe and enjoyable events.
July 31-Aug 2, 2020 TAMPA, FL *Orlando event combined with Tampa
July 31-Aug 2, 2020 SEVIERVILLE, TN
August 7-9, 2020 SPARTA, NJ *Toms River and East Rutherford combined with Sparta
August 7-9, 2020 KANSAS, CITY, KS
August 14-16, 2020 DAYTON, OH
August 14-16, 2020 CHICAGO, IL
August 14-16, 2020 EAST HAVEN, CT
August 14-16, 2020 LANCASTER, PA
August 21-23, 2020 ALBANY, NY
August 21-23, 2020 LOWELL, MA *Derry, NH and Biddeford, ME combined with Lowell
August 21-23, 2020 BELLINGHAM, MA *Woonsocket, RI event combined with Bellingham
*NEW! September 11-13, 2020 WESTBROOK, ME
West Memphis, AR
Ocean City MD Nationals
Foxwoods CT Nationals
Long Branch, NJ Nationals
Long Island, NY 2
Below are some of the discussed safety measures we are considering for our postponed competitions this season. We understand that the future remains uncertain and promise to keep you most up to date with any changes or additions.
- Block scheduling- Each dance studio will arrive on their scheduled time and day.
- One parent or guardian (spectator) per dancer.
- Possible temperature checks at the door with several questions regarding symptoms.
- The building will be cleaned and sanitized after each session block.
- Only dancers and 1 teacher or captain per routine allowed backstage.
- Masks may be required or recommended while not on the stage.
- Spectator seating will be spaced at least 6ft apart.
- After each block we may present adjudicated awards and all overall awards will be streamed LIVE online following the event.
- Dance costumes will be optional. Dancers may choose to wear team leotards each routine. No points will be deducted.
- We will provide hand sanitation stations backstage and throughout the venue.
I know this list of safety measures may make competitions feel different than before. Although we have enacted many protocols, we can assure you that we will continue to work just as hard to provide the fun, professional and friendly environment that you have come to love at Turn It Up Dance Challenge.
Thank you again for your continued support throughout these difficult times. This will be our last COVID-19 email update. We will continue to keep communication by email throughout the summer, just on a less frequent basis. If you have any questions or concerns during these times, please do not hesitate to reach out by email or by calling our office.
Your Turn It Up Dance Challenge Team