Join us every summer for a week of sun, fun, & dancing at one of our amazing locations!
At the conclusion of our Regional Dance Competition season, Turn It Up Dance Challenge hosts National Dance Competitions at popular summer destinations. This year, our host cities include Long Branch New Jersey, Boston, Massachusetts, and Orlando, Florida.
Our National Dance Competitions are a celebration of dance where performers will get a chance to make new friends from around the country, compete for top CASH prizes, perform on our National Dance Team, and learn from some of the best dance professionals in the industry.
All attendees will have the opportunity to watch or participate in our week-long activities including:
Learn From the Best in the Industry!
Register for Nationals to participate in our extremely popular Convention Classes taught by top Turn It Up Master Teachers. These teachers will be awarding select dancers scholarship opportunities towards future Turn It Up Dance Challenge events!
Meet the Master Teachers!
On the last day of nationals, you'll have the chance to get up close and personal with all of our Master Teachers. Score autographs and take pictures that will last a life-time!
Join Us For a Night of Music, Fun, and Dancing!
Join us mid-week with other studios and dancers at our highly anticipated Nationals Party (parties vary depending on location). There will be music, treats, and more! You won't want to miss this!
Dance Battle Overview:
- There will be TWO Dance Battle shows - the Junior Dance Battle and the Senior Dance Battle.
- 6 National Grand Champions (JR Small Groups / JR Large Groups / JR Lines & Productions / SR Small Groups / SR Large Groups / SR Lines & Productions) will be announced in both the Competitive and Intermediate levels!
- $9,000 CASH will be given away at each Dance Battle location!
- The National Grand Champion also will get to take home a Huge Battle Trophy!
- The dance battle will be held at the finale of nationals and will be opened up by live performances by your Turn It Up National Dance Team!
- Junior, Teen, & Senior Teen National Title Contestants will be featured with our EMCEEs in our Dance Battle Introduction!
- National Highest Scoring solos & duo/trios will have the opportunity to perform!
- This will be a high-energy show you will not want to miss.
DANCE BATTLE RULES:
- The runner up and winner in each age division for routines at nationals for small groups, large groups, lines, and productions will be eligible to move on to compete in the dance battle. Only Intermediate and Competitive routines are eligible to compete in the Dance Battle.
- If there is a Tie for runner up or winner, both groups will move on to the Turn It Up Dance Battle- If runner up and winner in an age group is from the same studio, the next routine will be selected. Any one studio may not win more than once in an age group.
- If a studio sweeps a category, their 1st place routine will be the only invited in that category.
- Judges will select TWO Wildcard routines in the competitive level and TWO Wildcard routines in the intermediate level to be a part of the Dance Battle: 2 Mini/JR routines and 2 Teen/Sr Teen routines. The Mini/JR contenders will be announced at the conclusion of all 11&under group routines and the Teen/Sr Teen contender will be announced at the conclusion of all 12&up group routines. Contenders can be in any of the 4 categories; small groups, large groups, lines, and productions.
GENERAL DANCE BATTLE INFORMATION:
- The Dance Battle will have Two Age Groups: JUNIORS (11 & under) and SENIORS (12 & up)
- Each routine must have received a High Gold or better to be selected
- Does not include solos, duo/trios.
- TINY ROUTINES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE DANCE BATTLE.
- Call or Email our offices at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-283-8811 for further inquiries.
AWARDS AND PRIZES:
JUNIOR NATIONAL DANCE BATTLE:
A winner and runner up will be announced in each of the following categories at the Junior Dance Battle. Intermediate winners will receive a HUGE dance battle trophy and $500 CASH! Competitive winners will receive a HUGE Dance Battle trophy and $1,000 CASH! Runner Ups will also receive a trophy.
- Intermediate Mini/JR Small Groups - $500
- Intermediate Mini/JR Large Groups - $500
- Intermediate Mini/JR Lines/Productions - $500
- Competitive Mini/JR Small Groups - $1,000
- Competitive Mini/JR Large Groups - $1,000
- Competitive Mini/JR Lines/Productions - $1,000
SENIOR NATIONAL DANCE BATTLE:
A winner and runner up will be announced in each of the following categories at the Senior Dance Battle. Intermediate winners will receive a HUGE dance battle trophy and $500 CASH! Competitive winners will receive a HUGE Dance Battle trophy and $1,000 CASH! Runner Ups will also receive a trophy.
- Intermediate Teen/SR Small Groups - $500
- Intermediate Teen/SR Large Groups - $500
- Intermediate Teen/SR Lines/Productions - $500
- Competitive Teen/SR Small Groups - $1,000
- Competitive Teen/SR Large Groups - $1,000
- Competitive Teen/SR Lines/Productions - $1,000