After each routine receives their adjudicated award, high scores will be given at every regional and national competition! At each competition we will recognize top scoring awards in each age category in the Novice, Intermediate, and Competitive levels! Turn It Up Dance Challenge will award a top 5 for all group routines and a top 10 for all solo routines in each category and age group. The high score in each age group will win the following cash prizes and scholarships.
Regional Competition - High Score Awards
*Scholarship dollars will be awarded in the Novice, Intermediate, and Competitive levels.
National Competition - High Score Awards
*Scholarship dollars will be awarded in the Novice & Intermediate levels. Cash will be awarded in the Competitive level.
ADDITIONAL NOTES/ RULES:
• Soloists may only win high scores one time in each age category. TOP TEN given for all solo age categories!
• There must be at least 5 routines in each age group and category to be eligible for cash or scholarships excluding lines and productions.
• For LINES & PRODUCTIONS ONLY – There must be at least 5 routines in each age group and category -OR- you must score a platinum or higher to be eligible for cash prizes.
• Overall Highest Scoring Solo and runner up and Overall Highest Scoring Duo/Trio and runner up will receive a trophy and a full Convention Scholarship. NEW! This will be awarded to dancers ages 11 and under AND dancers ages 12 and up.
• Pro-Amateur and Adult routines will be adjudicated but are not eligible for high score awards.
At each regional and national competition Turn It Up Dance Challenge recognizes unique and entertaining performances with our special awards. These awards are custom designed and presented directly by our judges panel.
Turn It Up Dance Challenge judges will select outstanding routines from each of our regional competitions. Any dancer who is in the selected routine is invited onto our Turn It Up National Dance Team! for that year.
Dance Team Member Perks:
- NEW! Parents of Dance Team members will receive VIP access at the Dance Battle!
- NEW! Dance Teams will be limited in size.
- Work with top industry dance professionals who are exclusive to the dance team.
- You will participate in a one day intensive designed specifically for the dance team. Here you will learn your routine that will open the TURN IT UP DANCE BATTLE!
- At your 1 day intensive you will receive a complementary lunch!
- You will be provided with a custom designed dance team costume that is yours to keep!
- You will score exclusive Turn It Up Dance Challenge apparel, custom designed dance team bags and more!
Convention Scholarships will be awarded throughout the regional competition season to the highest scoring solo and highest scoring duo/trio at each regional! If a Mini or Junior aged dancer is selected, they receive free admission to any one fall convention! If a Teen or Sr Teen aged dancer is selected, they are invited to assist our master teachers at any one fall convention of their choice!
This award is presented to all regional title winners. Title winners will have the chance to participate in our annual photoshoot where we shoot the merchandise to be revealed our upcoming seasons’ events. All models will be featured on our website, tour banners, souvenir programs and more!
Title awards are given out at our Regional and National competitions. (See Rule and Regs for more information on title) There will be a Mr & Miss Turn It Up Dance Challenge awarded at each competition. Title award winners will win a crown or sash, a large trophy, a scholarship or a cash prize(nationals), will be eligible participate in Turn It Up Dance Challenge’s apparel line photo shoot for the next season, will be automatically invited to be a part of our Turn It Up National Dance Team and more! National Title Winners will receive a National Title Winner Jacket! Anyone who places as a runner up winner at a regional is automatically invited onto the Turn It Up National Dance Team!
Mr. & Miss Mini Turn It Up – 6-8 years old
Mr. & Miss Junior Turn It Up – 9-11 years old
Mr. & Miss Teen Turn It Up – 12-14 years old
Mr. & Miss Senior Teen Turn It Up – 15-18 years old
This award goes to the studio whose dancers demonstrate the most professionalism, proper competition etiquette, and sportsmanship backstage not only towards their own studio, but their fellow competitors as well. This award is presented at the completion of each regional and national competition.
Throughout the weekend, judges will select certain routines to receive Judge’s Choice Awards in each of the following categories.
This award goes to the routine and choreographer that the judges feel displayed outstanding, creative or complex choreography and is presented at each regional and national competition.
This award goes to the routine that the judges feel was the most entertaining routine. It could be a high energy routine, a routine with a great concept. It is a routine that caught the eye of the judges panel as a whole and is presented at each regional and national competition.
This award goes to the routine that the judges feel had outstanding technique and is presented at each regional and national competition.
Outstanding Costume Award
This award goes to a routine that the judges feel had either unique costumes or some kind of costume that stood out to them. This award is presented at each regional and national competition.
Turn It Up A Notch Scholarships will be awarded to select dancers during our National Convention. Master teachers will select stand out dancers in each class to receive this scholarship. Learn more about turn it up a notch by clicking
This award will be presented to one soloist in each age category that the judges feel showed the most heart, soul, and passion in their performance. Winners will receive the “Heart of Gold” Medal and letter and will also be posted on the “Heart of Gold” Winners Page at www.iDance4aCure.org.
The Studio of Excellence Award is determined by each participating ADCC member competition, and given to a studio of their choice that best exemplifies the values of The Association of Dance Conventions and Competitions, which include working together and striving for excellence.
Six routines will be awarded at each regional competition in the categories of:
- Best Jazz Performance
- Best Tap Performance
- Best Hip Hop Performance
- Best Lyrical/Modern/Contemporary Performance
- Best Musical Theatre Performance
- Best Open/Ballet/Acro Performance
At the conclusion of the regional season, an esteemed panel of judges will select the top 6 nominees from the entire season to travel to LA to attend the Industry Dance Awards and Cancer Benefit Show! Routines must be entered into the competitive level to be eligible for nomination.