Long Branch, NJ
June 26-July 1, 2019
Foxwoods Resort, CT
June 30-July 5, 2019
Ocean City, MD
July 8-13, 2019
NEW IN 2019!
INTERMEDIATE ROUTINES INCLUDED IN THE DANCE BATTLE! – stay tuned for more information!
- The top scoring group routines at Nationals will have the chance to battle it out for the title of NATIONAL GRAND CHAMPION
- 4 National Grand Champions (Jr Groups/ Sr Groups/ Jr Lines & Productions/ Sr Lines & Productions) will be announced!
- $4,000 will be given away at each Dance Battle location! (National Grand Champion receives $1,000.00 CASH, in all 4 categories!)
- The National Grand Champion also will get to take home a Huge Battle Trophy , be listed on our Hall of Fame and have their picture taken with our battle judges!
- The dance battle will be held at the finale of nationals and will be opened up by live performances by your convention teachers and, in select locations, by your Turn It Up National Dance Team!
- This will be a high energy show you will not want to miss.
- RULES AND REGULATIONS:–
- The runner up and winner in each age division at nationals for small groups, large groups, lines, and productions will be eligible to move on to compete in the dance battle.
- If there is a Tie for runner up or winner, both groups will move on to the Turn It Up Dance Battle- If runner up and winner in an age group is from the same studio, the next routine will be selected. Any one studio may not win more than once in an age group.
- If a studio sweeps a category, their 1st place routine will be the only invited in that category.
- Routines selected for the Dance Battle will be announced at the last awards ceremony at Nationals.
- The Dance Battle will have Two Age Groups: JUNIORS (11 & under) and SENIORS (12 & up)
- Only routines entered into the competitive level are eligible.
- Each routine must have received a High Gold or better to be selected
- Does not include solos, duo/trios. It DOES include Lines and Productions which will have its own category and will receive their own cash prizes!
- There is NO cost to participate or view the dance battle
- Call or Email our offices at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-283-8811 for further inquiries.
- If you place 3rd in group overalls, you are in the running to be a wildcard performer in the Dance Battle!
- If 1st place and 2nd place are the same studio, 3rd place will be invited to the dance battle and 4th place would be the wildcard contender.
- The judges will select 1 wildcard performance out of all the 3rd place contenders.
NATIONAL DANCE TEAM
Turn It Up Dance Challenge judges will select outstanding routines from each of our regional competitions. Any dancer who is in the selected routine is invited onto our Turn It Up National Dance Team! for that year. The dance team team will consist of both a Junior and a Senior level.
This is your chance to…
- Learn from new and most professional choreographers!
- Build your dance resume
- Score exclusive Dance Team apparel
- Receive custom made costumes by and that you can keep!
- Make new friends!
- A chance to be featured on our website or in brochures!
- It is an experience to remember!!
Remember: If you are selected for the Turn It Up National Dance Team you MUST accept your invitation by May 25, 2018 ! See your certificate for more details.
As a member of the dance team you will get to do the following:
- You will have the chance to work with top industry dance professionals who are exclusive to the dance team.
- You will participate in a one day intensive designed specifically for the dance team. Here you will learn your routine that will be showcased during our National competition!
- At your 1 day intensive you will receive a complementary lunch!
- You will be provided with a custom designed dance team costume that is yours to keep!
- You will score exclusive Turn It Up Dance Challenge apparel, custom designed dance team bags and more!
*Please email our office at email@example.com for more information.
Turn It Up National Dance Team sponsored by:
Every year at each Nationals competition, Turn It Up Dance Challenge gives dancers the opportunity to take classes from top industry professionals! Classes are optional and are included for all registered dancers. They are broken up according to ability. They will be offered on the last day of each Nationals competition. During the convention, our Master Teachers will be selecting outstanding participants to receive Scholarships good towards future Turn It Up events!
In years past our participants have had the chance to take class withSo You Think You Can Dance stars such as tWitch, Allison Holker, Kent Boyd, Lil C, Jordan Casanova, Alex Wong, Brandon Bryant, Lauren Froderman, Cyrus “Glitch” Spencer and more! If you loved these teachers you are going to LOVE who we have this year! Keep posted for more updates! Make sure to register early for classes as they WILL sell out!
*Email our offices at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
MEET & GREET
SCORE AUTOGRAPHS AND PHOTOS WITH YOUR FAVORITE MASTER TEACHERS!!
Here is your chance to get an autograph and picture with your favorite teachers. This will be held on the last day of nationals normally immediately after the National Convention!
Turn It Up Dance Challenge has the hottest new apparel as well as the BEST prices. Make sure to purchase your favorite item and have it autographed for a long lasting memory!
Join us mid-week at Nationals to kick back, celebrate, and have fun with other studios and dancers! Get ready to Turn It Up with the Turn It Up MC’s! There will be raffles, treats, and fun in all three locations. You do not want to miss this!